• You started thinking about or operating your small business with an idea, a passion.
• You have some sort of a small business plan, but are working on your business with a philosophy of “let’s go with the flow”. Your quest for revenue ranges from being desperate to hopeful, quite often.
• You spend hours writing proposals for anyone who seems even remotely interested, or months chasing leads, who probably never intended to buy your offer anyway.
• Maybe your business has taken off a bit, but you don’t have as much revenues as you would like, and are thus thinking about ways to achieve that.
• Simultaneously maybe you’ve done or have considered doing some ad hoc marketing, because you know it’s important. Maybe you got a designer to create a logo, maybe even a website. But you’re still not sure where you stand as a brand and what marketing to do next to grow your business.
• You know you’re an expert in your field, have tons of ideas about your business, but you’re not sure how to bring it all together in a structured and effective way, making the best use of your time.
• And you feel that you can’t spend too much time on it because you have to do the ‘real’ work! To sell, deliver to your existing clients, manage your partnerships, do your admin work, your taxes, maybe even to recruit people.
• Maybe you tell yourself: “Branding is for big businesses anyway”.
• You attend some networking events, and when people ask you what you do, you only mention what product/ service you sell, but not present the real story, value, and power of your brand.
• You are so super excited about your idea and business, but you’re struggling with always trying to convince people of that. Of explaining the value of your offer.
And so the hustle continues…
And to top it all, the revenue you are making is probably not proportionate to the hours you are putting in.
How we do know this? Because I’ve been there myself! Read my story here.
So, enough is enough. Time to grow your small business with focus and efficiency!