If you have been using or considering using Canva, you know that you can create lots of graphic designs using the tool.
So naturally, the question is ‘is there an eraser tool in Canva’?
In other words, can you erase certain parts of the elements you use, to get the exact design you want?
In this post, I will show you exactly the different possibilities of erasing in C
Is there an eraser tool in Canva?
You can erase text, photos, and graphic elements in Canva. The most commonly used tool is the Canva Background Remover, but you can also erase in Canva with other tools.
You can use the Canva eraser tool to erase the background or other parts of an image. You can also erase parts of a Canva element as well as a Canva drawing.
How to erase in Canva
There are various ways to erase in Canva, depending on the type of element you want to erase.
In this post, I will focus on visual elements.
Here are 5 ways that you can erase images and graphics in Canva.
- How to erase an image background
- How to erase parts of an image
- How to erase with the Canva crop tool
- How to erase parts of an element
- How to erase a drawing
1. How to erase the background of a picture in Canva
You can easily erase the background of an image in Canva just with one click, with the Canva Background Remover.
Simply select the image, click Edit Image, and then click Background Remover.
See the step-by-step process below.
1. Click on your image and click on Edit Image
2. Click on Background Remover.
The background of your image is now erased.
1. You will need a Canva Pro account to access the Background Remover tool.
2. The canvas background remover will remove the entire background of your image.
If you want to erase only parts of your image then you have to use the erase/ restore function of the Background Remover.
2. How to erase parts of an image in Canva – Canva Background Remover
To erase parts of an image in Canva with the Background Remover, remove the entire background first and then click erase to remove or restore the required sections with a brush.
This is how it works.
1. Use the background remover tool as described above to remove the background of the image completely.
2. Click on the erase button and keep deleting more parts of the image as required.
See the video below.
3. How to erase parts of an image in Canva – Canva crop tool
You can also erase some parts of an image by simply cropping it out.
1. Select the image that you want to erase in part and click on the Canva crop tool.
2. Drag and drop the cursor as required to remove certain parts of the image
4. How to erase parts of a graphic element in Canva
You can also erase some parts of a graphic element on Canva, if the elements are available as an image.
Graphic elements include stickers illustrations shapes and other small elements you can use in your design.
Either they are available as vector-like elements where you can change the colors and size. Or they are available as images that are not easy to edit.
If they are available as an image, you can erase parts of them, just like you can do with a photographic image as you saw above.
See how it works below.
1. Choose and add the element to your design.
2. Click on the element and then click on Edit Image.
3. Click on Background Remover.
Backgrounds of Canva elements are usually transparent and don’t have a color or photograph.
So when you click on Background Remover, nothing really happens. However, you need to click on this to be able to erase parts of the element.
Once you click on the Background Remover, the Erase/ Restore function becomes visible.
Now you can click on the erase button to erase certain parts of the element, as you saw above.
5. How to erase a drawing in Canva
You can use the Canva Draw tool to create freehand drawings and illustrations in Canva.
Read a step-by-step guide on how to do that in my full post on how to draw in Canva.
Once you create even the smallest of drawings, an eraser tool appears.
Just like with the Background Remover, you can choose the size of the brush you want to erase certain parts of your drawing.
There is an added option with the eraser tool in Canva draw.
You can select the transparency of the brush. So instead of erasing a part of your drawing completely, you can decrease its opacity.
In other words, you can use the eraser tool to reduce the intensity of a certain part of your drawing.
Check the video below to see for yourself how it works.
And those were the 5 ways you can erase in Canva with the Canva eraser tools.
Do you know any other way? Do share in the comments!